The bird of paradise represents faithfulness, love, and thoughtfulness, making it the perfect and sweet gift. In Hawaii, the bird of paradise grows wild and is a significant part of their splendid culture. In Hawaiian, the name means “Little Globe” and represents magnificence. Try our Bird of Paradise bulb Online. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of bulbs in a packet – 1
- Difficulty Level – Easy
- Plant Height – 36 to 60 inches
- Flower Color – bright orange and blue
- Type – Indoor / outdoor plant
- Feed –VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – Once every 6 – 7 days
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination time – one month to a year
- Suitable Temperature – 15°C – 20°C
- Season – Summer
- Sowing – March to June
HOW TO GROW BIRD OF PARADISE FROM BULBS
- Plant the Bird of Paradise bulb in well-drained soil or VermiCompost in Cocopeat.
- Sow no more than 5mm deep in well-drained soil in full sun.
- Cover with soil and lightly water in.
- At a depth of 5mm, and spaced 10-15cm apart in rows 45-60cm apart. Water well and then stand the pot in a cool, shaded, frost-free place – a temperature of around 15°C-20°C is ideal.
- Then moderately water the plant.
- Provide with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun spray bottle.
- Water the top about 2 inches of the soil is dry to the touch.
- Seeds will germinate anywhere from one month to a year. So, keep patience for the flower to bloom.
- Full, bright sunlight is needed at the time of germination.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem cake powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Strelitzia reginae
bird of paradise bulb in hindi: svarga kee chidiya (स्वर्ग की चिड़िया)
bird of paradise bulb in kannada: Svargada pakṣi (ಸ್ವರ್ಗದ ಪಕ್ಷ )
bird of paradise bulb in bengali: Sbargēra pākhi (স্বর্গের পাখি)
bird of paradise bulb in tamil: Corkkattiṉ paṟavai (சொர்க்கத்தின் பறவை)
bird of paradise bulb in telugu: Svarga pakṣi (స్వర్గ పక్షి)
bird of paradise bulb in marathi: Nandanavana pakṣī (नंदनवन पक्षी)
bird of paradise bulb in malayalam: paṟudīsayile pakṣi (പറുദീസയിലെ പക്ഷി)
Other names: crane flower
How to buy bird of paradise bulbs/plant bulbs online in India?
The Affordable Organic Store is the best site to buy bird of paradise bulbs online in India with free delivery across India. You can get the best gardening seeds and the most affordable gardening seeds on The Affordable Organic Store. The Affordable Organic Store is your one-stop shop to buy vegetable seeds online, to buy herbs seeds online, to buy flowers seeds online, to buy microgreen seeds online, and to buy fruits seeds online for gardening needs.
You can also buy manure online here. You can also buy pots online for gardening, gardening tools online. You can also buy cheap seeds online in The Affordable Organic Store. You can also buy Indian vegetable seeds online here. You also get free seeds on every purchase of seeds.