Garlic chives are rich in Vitamin C, which prevents common cold and fever, also rich in riboflavin, potassium, vitamin A, iron, thiamin, and beta carotene. These elements help in blood count increase, maintain blood pressure, and increase immunity power. Chives extract can also be used for promoting hair growth as it increases the blood flow in our scalp. It also treats scalp infections as it has anti-bacterial properties. Chive extract can be used as a final hair rinse too. Try our Rocket Rucola Online. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 1 KGP
- Difficulty Level- Easy
- Plant Height- 12 to 24 inches
- Color – Green, flower – white
- Type – Indoor plant
- Feed –VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Once every 1-3 days
- Sunlight – Full sunlight.
- Germination Time – 2-3 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 15°C – 21°C
- Season – All season
- Sowing – Early spring 4 to 6 weeks before the last frost
- Harvesting – About 60 days after seeding
HOW TO GROW GARLIC CHIVES PLANT FROM SEEDS:
- Plant Garlic Chives in well-drained soil or VermiCompost -end up in Cocopeat.
- Sow no more than 5mm deep in well-drained soil in full sun.
- Cover with soil and lightly water in.
- At a depth of 5mm, and spaced 10-15cm apart in rows 45-60cm apart. Water well and then stand the pot in a cool, shaded, frost-free place – a temperature of around 15°C-21°C is ideal.
- Then moderately water the plant.
- Provide with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun spray bottle.
- Water the top about 2 inches of the soil is dry to the touch.
- Seeds will germinate within 4-8 days.
- Full sunlight is needed at the time of germination.
Botanical name: Allium tuberosum
Garlic Chives in Hindi: Hara lahasun (हरा लहसुन)
Garlic Chives in Kannada: Beḷḷuḷḷi cīvs (ಬೆಳ್ಳುಳ್ಳಿ ಚೀವ್ಸ್)
Garlic Chives in Bengali: Rasunēra kali (রসুনের কলি)
Garlic Chives in Tamil: Pūṇṭu veṅkāyam (பூண்டு வெங்காயம்)
Garlic Chives in Telugu: Vellulli civs (వెల్లుల్లి చివ్స్)
Garlic Chives in Marathi: Lasūṇa chives (लसूण chives)
Garlic Chives in Malayalam: veḷuttuḷḷi muḷak (വെളുത്തുള്ളി മുളക്)
Other names: Oriental garlic, Asian chives, Chinese chives, Chinese leek
How to buy garlic chives seeds online in India?
The Affordable Organic Store is the best site to buy Garlic Chives seeds in India with free delivery across India. You can get the best gardening seeds and the most affordable gardening seeds on The Affordable Organic Store. The Affordable Organic Store is your one-stop shop to buy vegetable seeds online, to buy herbs seeds online, to buy flowers seeds online, to buy microgreen seeds online, and to buy fruits seeds online for gardening needs.
You can also buy manure online here. You can also buy pots online for gardening, gardening tools online. You can also buy cheap seeds online in The Affordable Organic Store. You can also buy Indian vegetable seeds online here. You also get free seeds on every purchase of seeds.