Cowpea is a pod vegetable of the Legume family. It’s consumed in fried and blanched form across different regions of India. The plant has medicinal properties too. Buy our organic non-GMO cowpea seeds.
- Difficulty Level – Easy
- Fruit/Vegetable color- Light green to Dark green
- Plant height – 3-8 ft.
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed and Epsom salt once a month.
- Watering – Three days after sowing. Thereafter at an interval of 7-10 days.
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – Within 1 week
- Flowering Time – 5 weeks
- Time of harvesting-7-8 weeks after sowing.
- Suitable Temperature – 20-35°C
- Season – All seasons
HOW TO GROW
- Take a medium to bigger sized pot or grow bag and fill it with Potting Mix.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Potting Mix and spray with water.
- Water as instructed above.
- Seeds will germinate within one week.
- Sow the seeds in a Seedling Tray filled with Cocopeat and replant it within one week after seedling emergence.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost and Seaweed.