Melons are a refreshing delight that can be grown in your home garden. They are a fruiting vine with lots of health benefits. Try our Non-GMO Muskmelon Seeds. To know more click here (Youtube / Blog).
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed for better germination and Epsom salt for fruits once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Fruiting Time – 13 weeks
- Suitable Temperature -12°C – 18°C
- Season – Annual
- Sowing – Early Summer
- Harvesting – 13 weeks from germination
HOW TO GROW
- Soak the seeds in a wet tissue overnight before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water every day.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to fruit is 13 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Cucumis melo
Hindi: Karbujaa (खरबूजा)
Kannada: Kasturi (ಕಸ್ತೂರಿ)
Bengali: Kasturi (কস্তুরী)
Marathi: Kasturi (कस्तूरी)
Malayalam: Mulamphalam (മസ്ക്മെലൻ)