Melons are a refreshing delight that can be grown in your home garden. They are fruiting vines with lots of health benefits. Try our Non-GMO Muskmelon Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Vine Height – 6 – 8 feet
- Requires support of stakes or trellis
- Bears unisexual flowers that need cross-pollination for fruiting
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed for better germination, and Epsom salt for fruits once a month
- Watering – everyday
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Repotting Time – 3 – 4 weeks
- Flowering Time – 7 – 8 weeks
- Fruiting Time – 13 – 14 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 60°F – 65°F
- Season – spring to summer
- Sowing – november to february
HOW TO GROW MUSKMELON FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Cover the seeds gently with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water everyday.
- Seeds will germinate within 7 – 14 days.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Cucumis melo
muskmelon seed in hindi: kharabooja beej (खरबूजा बीज)
muskmelon seed in tamil: kasturi vitai (கஸ்தூரி விதை)
muskmelon seed in telugu: sitaphalam vittanam (సీతాఫలం విత్తనం)
muskmelon seed in kannada: kasturi bija (ಕಸ್ತೂರಿ ಬೀಜ)
muskmelon seed in marathi: kasturi biyane (कस्तुरी बियाणे)
muskmelon seed in malayalam: kasthoori vithu (കസ്തൂരി വിത്ത്)
Other names: Mush melon, rock melon