Ridge Gourd is a green fleshy vegetable. It is rich in essential components like dietary fiber, water content, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium, and vitamin B6. Try our non-GMO Ridge Gourd seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Plant Height – 5 – 6 feet
- Type – outdoor
- Flower Color – yellow
- Fruit Color – green
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – watering should be done at an interval of 3 – 4 days
- Sunlight – full sunlight for at least 6 – 8 hours per day
- Germination Time – within a week
- Suitable Temperature – 75°F – 90°F
- Season – summer, monsoon, and spring
HOW TO GROW RIDGE GOURD FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat lightly and spray with water.
- Watering should be done at an interval of 3 – 4 days.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Luffa acutangula
ridge gourd seed in hindi: turee ka beej (तुरई का बीज)
ridge gourd seed in tamil: pakku vitai (பாக்கு விதை)
ridge gourd seed in telugu: potlakaya ginja (పొట్లకాయ గింజ)
ridge gourd seed in kannada: sorekayi bija (ಸೋರೆಕಾಯಿ ಬೀಜ)
ridge gourd seed in marathi: laukice biyane (लौकीचे बियाणे)
ridge gourd seed in malayalam: varampakka vithu (വരമ്പക്ക വിത്ത്)
Other names: Sponge gourd, vegetable gourd