Sweet corn is one of the most popular vegetable. It is loved by adults and children alike because of its sweet flavor. The tastiest corn kernels can be grown in our home garden. Try our Non-GMO Sweet Corn Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 4
- Difficulty level – Medium
- Plant Height – 6 – 8 feet tall
- Type- Outdoor
- Kernel Color – Yellow
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Repotting Time – 2 weeks
- Flowering Time – 3 – 5 weeks
- Harvesting Time – 6 – 8 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 15°C – 30°C
- Season – All
HOW TO GROW SWEET CORN FROM SEEDS
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Potting Mix and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist, not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat. Sow the seeds in it and repot in 2 weeks after sowing.
Botanical name: Zea mays convar. saccharata
sweet corn seed in hindi: Makka (मक्का)
sweet corn seed in tamil: Solam (சோளம்)
sweet corn seed in telugu: Mokkajona (మొక్కజొన్న)
sweet corn seed in kannada: Mekka Jola (ಮೆಕ್ಕೆ ಜೋಳ)
sweet corn seed in bengali: Bhutta (ভুট্টা)
sweet corn seed in marathi: Maka (मका)
sweet corn seed in malayalam: Cealem (ചോളം)
Other names: Sweetcorn
Rakhi Seth –
All seeds sprouted after around a week…great experience. Thank youn
Got my first harvest! Satisfied
its growing slowly slowly and healthy
Avni Asmee –
Good quality product
Luv Kapoor –
After grown it tasted very sweet
Taran Kapoor –
Swagatika Reddy –
Sachita Gowda –
Great quality seeds
Soumita Sen –
Happy with the purchase
Serena Jacob –
Delivered on time and Seeds were in good condition
Ashish singh –