Sweet corn is one of the most popular vegetable. It is loved by adults and children alike because of its sweet flavor. The tastiest corn kernels can be grown in our home garden. Try our Non-GMO Sweet Corn Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 4
- Difficulty Level – medium
- Plant Height – 6 – 8 feet tall
- Type- outdoor
- Kernel Color – yellow
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every day
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Repotting Time – 2 weeks
- Flowering Time – 3 – 5 weeks
- Harvesting Time – 6 – 8 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 60°F – 70°F
- Season – all
HOW TO GROW SWEET CORN FROM SEEDS
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Potting Mix and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist, not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat. Sow the seeds in it and re-pot in 2 weeks after sowing.
Botanical name: Zea mays convar. saccharata var. rugosa
sweet corn seed in hindi: sveet korn beej (स्वीट कॉर्न बीज)
sweet corn seed in tamil: inippu cola vitai (இனிப்பு சோள விதை)
sweet corn seed in telugu: tipi mokkajonna sid (తీపి మొక్కజొన్న సీడ్)
sweet corn seed in kannada: sihi karn bija (ಸಿಹಿ ಕಾರ್ನ್ ಬೀಜ)
sweet corn seed in marathi: goda korna biyane (गोड कॉर्न बियाणे)
sweet corn seed in malayalam: maduramulla dhaanya vithu (മധുരമുള്ള ധാന്യ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Sugar corn, pole corn