Best 9 summer plants that soak up the heat
The Summer season is not so far. In April month, the hot weather makes us worried about our garden plants. But don’t be sad, we have listed down below the plants that soak up the summer heat. So, enjoy gardening in this hot summer too.
Plants That Soak Up The Summer Heat
The Kalanchoe plants are succulent ornamental plants. Which is native to America, Asia, and Africa. The plants have fleshy leaves and produce attractive and colorful flowers. When the new flowers grow, the branches die. So, the new branches grow from the base of the plant.
While sowing, don’t put the seeds deep because the seeds are small. Just sow them on the upper layer of the soil. The Kalanchoe plants grow best in porous soil and rich soil.
The Coleus can grow well in pots and also kept as indoor window plants to decorate the house. These are the annual plants, which are colorful and grow in the height of 30 to 50 centimeters. The Coleus plants grow best in humorous and pitting mix soils. The plant requires a minimum of 4 to 6 hours of sunlight.
The Celosia Cockscomb is an annual plant, which goes up to a height of 25 to 50 centimeters. The plant carries feathery structure spikes and has various colors like yellow, golden, red, silver, and orange. The plants grow best in the well-drained sandy soil. It needs a moderate amount of sunlight.
The Balsam plants are beautiful pink, red, white, blue and have many colors. The Balsam grows well in 6 to 8 hours of sunlight. And grow in rich soil.
The Zinnia plants are butterfly lover plants. The Zinnia is bright, solitary, and looks like a daisy that grows straight. The average height of this plant is 3 feet. The plant prefers rich soil and grows in full sunlight. The plants are grown in containers too.
The Marigold flowers can be used in pujas and marriages. They require rich soil and grow in full sunlight. Water them every day in a moderate quantity. There are two types of marigolds, French Marigolds, and African Marigolds.
The Sunflower is known as the sun-loving flower which looks straight at the sun. It had bright yellow flowers with brown-colored centers. The flower prefers 6 to 8 hours of sunlight and humorous and rich soil but check that the soil is not waterlogged.
The Hibiscus is popularly uses in worshipping Lord Ganesh and Goddess Kali nd has a variety of colors other than red. The plant requires 12 to 13 hours of sunlight and it can grow in almost every soil.
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space more Greener!
- Gardening Calender Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Have a look at some amazing Videos of Gardening that might help you!
- Tips on planting homegrown plants and creating art with it as a beginner.
- How to preserve, plant and grow flower seeds in monsoon, winter and other seasons.
- Growing different vegetables, winter vegetables especially and tips and tricks to preserve.
- Preserving fruits such as strawberries, Papaya, watermelon, muskmelon etc.
- Know all about microgreens using examples such as microgreen spinach, microgreen sunflower, microgreen mustard, microgreen flax etc.
- Using gardening tools such as pots, trays, growing bags, moss sticks and watering cans etc.
Here are some Workshops that might help you if you are new to Gardening!
- Convert your green space into small Miniature Garden.
- Know more about your Garden Soil.
- Know how to start your own small Garden.