The spiny spidery flower that adds a touch of ornamentation to our garden is Cleome Spinosa. Cleome Spinosa is an elegant and ethereal, very long-lasting, and statuesque annual flower. This is a must for the summer and autumn garden. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – up to 6 feet
- Flower Color – mixed
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – 4 times a week
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Flowering Time – 3 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 65°F – 85°F
- Season – annual
- Sowing – spring
HOW TO GROW CLEOME SPINOSA FROM SEEDS
- Soak the seeds for 4 – 6 hours before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make a ½ inch deep hole and put 2 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water 4 times a week.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Cleome hassleriana
cleome spinosa seed in hindi: kliyom spinosa beej (क्लियोम स्पिनोसा बीज)
cleome spinosa seed in tamil: kiliyom spinoca vitai (கிளியோம் ஸ்பினோசா விதை)
cleome spinosa seed in telugu: kliyom spinosa sid (క్లియోమ్ స్పినోసా సీడ్)
cleome spinosa seed in kannada: kliyom spinosa bija (ಕ್ಲಿಯೋಮ್ ಸ್ಪಿನೋಸಾ ಬೀಜ)
cleome spinosa seed in marathi: kli’oma spinosa biyane (क्लीओम स्पिनोसा बियाणे)
cleome spinosa seed in malayalam: cliyom spinosa vithu (ക്ലിയോം സ്പിനോസ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Spider flower, spider legs