Basil is a traditional green color, but some are eye-catching purple. Purple basils are unusual and attractive growing in home gardens. They are insanely aromatic. Try our Non-GMO Basil Purple Seeds.
- Type – Indoor (Balcony / Terrace)
- Aroma – Similar to pepper, anise, and mint.
- Flavour – Bitter
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Harvesting Time – 8 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 24°C – 28°C
- Season – Perennial
- Sowing – Summer
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat lightly and spray water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to harvest is 8 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Ocimum tenuiflorum
Hindi: Kali Tulasi (काली तुलसी)
Tamil: Karuppu Tulasi (கருப்பு துளசி)
Telugu: Nalla tulasi (నల్ల తులసి)
Kannada: Kappu Tulasi (ಕಪ್ಪು ತುಳಸಿ)
Bengali: Kalo Tualsi (কালো তুলসী)
Marathi: Kali Tulasa (काळी तुळस)
Malayalam: Karutta Tulasi (കറുത്ത തുളസി)