Parsley is a very attractive plant that is generally grown as a culinary herb but often wasted as a garnish or plate decoration. Considering it adds more freshness than flavor to dishes, it is best used fresh and added at the end of cooking, giving home cooks all the more reason to grow their own. Try our Non-GMO Parsley Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Difficulty Level – moderately difficult
- Plant Height – 9 – 12 inches tall
- Type – indoor (balcony/ terrace) or outdoor
- Aroma – mild grassy smell
- Flavor – earthy peppery flavor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – 2 – 3 times a week
- Sunlight – 6 – 8 hours of sunlight per day
- Germination Time – 14 – 30 days
- Suitable Temperature – 50°F – 70°F
- Season – biennial
- Sowing – march – april
HOW TO GROW PARSLEY FROM SEEDS
- Soak the seeds in warm water overnight before planting.
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Leave the seeds uncovered as they need light for germination and spray water.
- Water 2 – 3 times a week.
- Seeds will germinate within 14 – 30 days.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Petroselinum crispum
parsley seed in hindi: ajamod beej (अजमोद बीज)
parsley seed in tamil: vokkocu vitai (வோக்கோசு விதை)
parsley seed in telugu: parsli sid (పార్స్లీ సీడ్)
parsley seed in kannada: parsli bija (ಪಾರ್ಸ್ಲಿ ಬೀಜ)
parsley seed in marathi: ajamoda (ova) biyane (अजमोदा (ओवा) बियाणे)
parsley seed in malayalam: aaraanavo vithu (ആരാണാവോ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Garden parsley