Sunflower is beautiful flora and provides us with both oil & food. Sunflower has also proven to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar, as they contain vitamin E, magnesium, and protein. Bright yellow flowers that add a poster-like effect to our garden can now be in your garden. Try our Non-GMO Sunflower Tall Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 20
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – up to 15 feet
- Flower Color – yellow
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – once a week
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 7 – 10 days
- Flowering Time – 11 – 18 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 70°F – 80°F
- Season – annual
- Sowing – early spring
HOW TO GROW SUNFLOWER TALL FROM SEEDS
- Soak the sunflower seeds for 12 – 24 hours in water.
- Take a Seedling tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 2 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Sow the seeds vertically on the sprouting side.
- Keep the soil moist, not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within 7 – 10 days.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem cake powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Helianthus annuus
sunflower tall seed in hindi: soorajamukhee lamba beej (सूरजमुखी लंबा बीज)
sunflower tall seed in tamil: curiyakanti uyaramana vitai (சூரியகாந்தி உயரமான விதை)
sunflower tall seed in telugu: poddutirugudu podavaina sid (పొద్దుతిరుగుడు పొడవైన సీడ్)
sunflower tall seed in kannada: suryakanti ettarada bija (ಸೂರ್ಯಕಾಂತಿ ಎತ್ತರದ ಬೀಜ)
sunflower tall seed in marathi: suryaphula unnca biyane (सूर्यफूल उंच बियाणे)
sunflower tall seed in malayalam: suryakaanthi uyaramulla vithu (സൂര്യകാന്തി ഉയരമുള്ള വിത്ത്)
Other names: Girasol